- When it's Realfeel 35° and I am on my bike bundled up in snow gear, I need to have some fun! Why not make a GPS dra… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Yup, my April goal is 300 miles on my bike for cancer research . Rained yesterday and 35° degrees today. I'm fallin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @gpackiam: Pastors, what if we stop trying to be incredible and just work on being credible? 2 weeks ago
- RT @sharon_says_so: Listening to understand doesn’t obligate you to agree. Your own beliefs aren’t diminished by learning a new perspecti… 3 weeks ago
Blogs I Follow
- Follow FBC to Guatemala
- Faith in action
- Scott Thoughts
- Project Light to Life
- Austin Americana Studio
- conversations on the fringe
- Normane3d's Blog
- RHF INDIA
- A Penny for Your Thoughts...
- Charlie's Road to a Kidney Transplant
- our kid needs a kidney
- Eucatastrophe 101
- Ramblings of a Dying Man
- Maribel's Kidney Story
- Drinking from the Same Dipper
- Why masks actually work
- FOC, I need you
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
- I remember when I didn’t have enough breath to speak …
- Too much to ask?
- Some things confuse me.
- I wonder stuff …
- Dear USA, please, could we have just a moment of silence?
- Cake is Good but Homemade Birthday Cake Ice Cream is Way Better!
- I’m doomed. I have a cold in this COVID chaos.
Post Archives – Past Ramblings
Top Recent Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: fear
What do you do when good stuff hits you hard? Have you ever had moments when you just sit back and think, “holy smokes, I have it good?” There are piles of crap pulling for my attention. Gross, right? Crass, … Continue reading
Sheesh, that was out of control. It felt like I was a combat veteran in one of the thriller movies I like to watch. You know the scene? A car backfires and the loud bang sends the vet into a … Continue reading
At the end of October 2011, I posted the following blog entry about my biggest fear. I am reposting it now, after accepting a position as Interim Pastor at First Baptist Church here in Westbrook. Last week was spent preparing … Continue reading
Slogans. Mottos. Most businesses have them. It’s stuff like, “Service with a smile” or “We don’t spit in your tacos.” I could probably quiz you on famous and well-known slogans and you would do well. Try some. Just do it … Continue reading
There’s a 50 pound bag of cement sitting on my chest. No, wait. There are two. They are so heavy that I can barely breathe. Crushing. Suffocating. But, the strange thing is that even though I feel like I have … Continue reading
I just don’t get it. I want life to be fair but I don’t worry about “fair” when things are going great. Who does? Have you ever seen a lottery winner shake her head and say, “I don’t know. Life’s … Continue reading
It’s already time to write another Christmas letter? I know, I know … you spend all year waiting for this glorious day. And here it is, Linscott Christmas Letter Day. C’mon, ring those bells! I really thought last year’s letter … Continue reading
Today’s the day. It’s the day when everyone in the U.S. pauses and thinks about being thankful. Thankful Facebook statuses roll up my screen one after another. Thankful for family, friends, spouse, pets, house, new job, provision, troops, Jesus, new … Continue reading
I’m sitting here on the couch in my home office/guest bedroom with my dog curled up in a ball sucking the heat out of my leg going through my sermon for this morning. “Sermon.” I don’t care for that word. … Continue reading
Wow. What a weekend. Thrill! Hope! Cautious Optimism. Fear. Worry. Cautious Relief. Is this what I put all of you through? Oh my gosh! What a roller coaster of emotions. My phone rang at 12:10 AM Saturday morning. You know … Continue reading
I have a cold. Yeah, so what, who doesn’t? Yesterday I realized I also have a new label slapped on my back as I heard myself tell someone, “I’m immunosuppressed.” I never thought that would be part of my introductions. … Continue reading
Yesterday was my four month anniversary of my life-saving liver transplant. That’s old news, right? I mean, you might be thinking, “Okay already! Move on.” I get it. I really do. We get sick of hearing something repeatedly. I remember … Continue reading
When do you feel most inadequate? I mean, what situations leave you stumbling for words or standing silently with absolutely no idea what to do? For me, it happens during one of life’s largest privileges. During the painful privilege of a … Continue reading
I love vanilla soft serve ice cream. My wife hates it. Since most soft serve places don’t offer hard ice cream we usually end up at shops with pretty teenage scooper girls digging into ice cream buckets. While I prefer … Continue reading