- When it's Realfeel 35° and I am on my bike bundled up in snow gear, I need to have some fun! Why not make a GPS dra… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- Yup, my April goal is 300 miles on my bike for cancer research . Rained yesterday and 35° degrees today. I'm fallin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- RT @gpackiam: Pastors, what if we stop trying to be incredible and just work on being credible? 4 months ago
- RT @sharon_says_so: Listening to understand doesn’t obligate you to agree. Your own beliefs aren’t diminished by learning a new perspecti… 4 months ago
Blogs I Follow
- Follow FBC to Guatemala
- Faith in action
- Scott Thoughts
- Project Light to Life
- Austin Americana Studio
- conversations on the fringe
- Normane3d's Blog
- RHF INDIA
- A Penny for Your Thoughts...
- Charlie's Road to a Kidney Transplant
- our kid needs a kidney
- Eucatastrophe 101
- Ramblings of a Dying Man
- Maribel's Kidney Story
- Drinking from the Same Dipper
- Why masks actually work
- FOC, I need you
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
- I remember when I didn’t have enough breath to speak …
- Too much to ask?
- Some things confuse me.
- I wonder stuff …
- Dear USA, please, could we have just a moment of silence?
- Cake is Good but Homemade Birthday Cake Ice Cream is Way Better!
- I’m doomed. I have a cold in this COVID chaos.
Post Archives – Past Ramblings
Top Recent Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: Christian
By Scott Linscott There’s been an escape! Call the zoo! Someone left the door to the monkey cage open. I’m pretty sure these are howler monkeys because they are LOUD. I think they came here because they heard someone say … Continue reading
I am afraid to write what is hurting my heart this morning because it will likely bring comments and reactions that add more hurt. My issue is my own lack of understanding of my brothers and sisters in Christ. I … Continue reading
What do you do when good stuff hits you hard? Have you ever had moments when you just sit back and think, “holy smokes, I have it good?” There are piles of crap pulling for my attention. Gross, right? Crass, … Continue reading
My eyes opened for the day just before 4:00 AM. I listened to the birds coming awake in the trees just outside our bedroom window and thought “how blessed I am.” I spent some time talking to God about the … Continue reading
When I was at my lowest, my prayers seemed intimate and somehow powerful. They seemed like a two-way interaction, I often sensed God’s presence and comfort like a sudden, warm, summer downpour – the type that makes you throw out … Continue reading
People will sing songs about a “Silent Night” and a “Holy Night” and sing about peace while having no idea what true Peace is. Continue reading
“I have something for you,” Jen said. Her face wore her father’s half-smirk-half-smile that always made me wonder what he was up to. She stood facing me close enough that I could see the same spark that I used to … Continue reading
I’m not sure I can communicate how I’m feeling about a milestone I hit today but I’ll give it a shot. It feels kind of like I’m bragging or saying, “Look at me! I’m a big deal” but that’s not … Continue reading
Have you ever sat and listened to the birds? I mean, really listened, not just, “woah, listen to those birds.” This afternoon I sat and listened. That’s not like me. Or, at least, it’s not like the me I used … Continue reading
A week ago Josh and I walked through the doors at Lahey Hospital and headed to the transplant wing. When we walk around Lahey we do it like we built the place. We know where everything is because we’ve spent … Continue reading
I’ve read the whole book cover to cover numerous times. It’s a well-written, rhythmic read that I’d classify as an American classic. But, every time I read it, I’m left with a sad, empathetic realization that we never learn the … Continue reading
It’s already time to write another Christmas letter? I know, I know … you spend all year waiting for this glorious day. And here it is, Linscott Christmas Letter Day. C’mon, ring those bells! I really thought last year’s letter … Continue reading
Wow. What a weekend. Thrill! Hope! Cautious Optimism. Fear. Worry. Cautious Relief. Is this what I put all of you through? Oh my gosh! What a roller coaster of emotions. My phone rang at 12:10 AM Saturday morning. You know … Continue reading
Do you remember back almost about a year ago? One of the first fundraisers to help with my transplant was a rubber bracelet that said “P U S H.” It was an acronym for “pray until something happens” or some … Continue reading