- When it's Realfeel 35° and I am on my bike bundled up in snow gear, I need to have some fun! Why not make a GPS dra… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Yup, my April goal is 300 miles on my bike for cancer research . Rained yesterday and 35° degrees today. I'm fallin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- RT @gpackiam: Pastors, what if we stop trying to be incredible and just work on being credible? 3 weeks ago
- RT @sharon_says_so: Listening to understand doesn’t obligate you to agree. Your own beliefs aren’t diminished by learning a new perspecti… 3 weeks ago
Blogs I Follow
- Follow FBC to Guatemala
- Faith in action
- Scott Thoughts
- Project Light to Life
- Austin Americana Studio
- conversations on the fringe
- Normane3d's Blog
- RHF INDIA
- A Penny for Your Thoughts...
- Charlie's Road to a Kidney Transplant
- our kid needs a kidney
- Eucatastrophe 101
- Ramblings of a Dying Man
- Maribel's Kidney Story
- Drinking from the Same Dipper
- Why masks actually work
- FOC, I need you
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
- I remember when I didn’t have enough breath to speak …
- Too much to ask?
- Some things confuse me.
- I wonder stuff …
- Dear USA, please, could we have just a moment of silence?
- Cake is Good but Homemade Birthday Cake Ice Cream is Way Better!
- I’m doomed. I have a cold in this COVID chaos.
Post Archives – Past Ramblings
Top Recent Posts & Pages
Category Archives: change
Here I am again, fatter than I want to be, spending too much time staring at Facebook, watching too much crappy TV and my workout ethic is at sloth level. And here I am once again on New Year’s Eve … Continue reading
The bumper sticker on the car in front of me, the car that I watched come up behind me weaving in and out of highway traffic at about 90 miles an hour, read, “Be the change you want to see.” … Continue reading
I think I’m wasting my bonus days. Or, at least, I think I’m wasting too much of them. Imagine you have a giant bowl of mashed potatoes and are a huge spud fan. If you have a gallon of mashed potatoes, you … Continue reading
Reboot. It’s the first word used by technology nerds in answer to a multitude of questions: “Why is my phone doing …?” “Why is my TV not …?” “Why is my computer so …?” “Why is my toaster …?” Have … Continue reading
Sheesh, that was out of control. It felt like I was a combat veteran in one of the thriller movies I like to watch. You know the scene? A car backfires and the loud bang sends the vet into a … Continue reading
Today, the membership of a church right here in the middle of little Westbrook, Maine voted to call me as its new shepherd. The vote came directly after I delivered my 20th message there. That’s odd. The usual process for … Continue reading
Have you ever sat and listened to the birds? I mean, really listened, not just, “woah, listen to those birds.” This afternoon I sat and listened. That’s not like me. Or, at least, it’s not like the me I used … Continue reading
A week ago Josh and I walked through the doors at Lahey Hospital and headed to the transplant wing. When we walk around Lahey we do it like we built the place. We know where everything is because we’ve spent … Continue reading
“What is this world coming to?” I heard one of my friends ask that question this morning. It’s not the first time I’ve heard it asked. In fact, I think I hear it asked every time something tragic happens at … Continue reading
I watch some pretty weird TV shows. Well, maybe they aren’t weird but they certainly are different. Maybe I’m getting old but shows like “Two Broke Girls,” and “Two and a Half Men” are just so crass that I feel … Continue reading
I’m thoroughly enjoying this Christmas season. I mean, apart from all the normal bickering about “the reason for the season,” I’m enjoying looking at Christmas lights, hearing Christmas carols and opening cards brought each day by the postman. (Aside: I … Continue reading
Today’s the day. It’s the day when everyone in the U.S. pauses and thinks about being thankful. Thankful Facebook statuses roll up my screen one after another. Thankful for family, friends, spouse, pets, house, new job, provision, troops, Jesus, new … Continue reading
I love vanilla soft serve ice cream. My wife hates it. Since most soft serve places don’t offer hard ice cream we usually end up at shops with pretty teenage scooper girls digging into ice cream buckets. While I prefer … Continue reading