- My girl is off to school. What will I do? scottlinscott.com/2020/08/31/my-… 2 months ago
- I’m moving away from Facebook and GIGO. scottlinscott.com/2020/08/29/im-… 2 months ago
- I feel like a shepherd in a hole scottlinscott.com/2020/08/22/i-f… 2 months ago
- Summarizing My Father’s Life scottlinscott.com/2020/04/01/sum… https://t.co/MQQibafb7E 7 months ago
Blogs I Follow
- Follow FBC to Guatemala
- Faith in action
- Scott Thoughts
- Project Light to Life
- Austin Americana Studio
- conversations on the fringe
- Normane3d's Blog
- RHF INDIA
- A Penny for Your Thoughts...
- Charlie's Road to a Kidney Transplant
- our kid needs a kidney
- Eucatastrophe 101
- Ramblings of a Dying Man
- Maribel's Kidney Story
- Drinking from the Same Dipper
- Some things confuse me.
- I wonder stuff …
- Dear USA, please, could we have just a moment of silence?
- Cake is Good but Homemade Birthday Cake Ice Cream is Way Better!
- I’m doomed. I have a cold in this COVID chaos.
- NOON: Beyond the Biopsy: The Massachusetts Panel 9/16
- I’ve been dishing it out for years.
- It’s 46 degrees and there’s “a beaver on da roof.”
- My pumpkin spice is lacking something
- When method drowns out message.
Post Archives – Past Ramblings
Top Recent Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: prayer
I think I’m wasting my bonus days. Or, at least, I think I’m wasting too much of them. Imagine you have a giant bowl of mashed potatoes and are a huge spud fan. If you have a gallon of mashed potatoes, you … Continue reading
When I was at my lowest, my prayers seemed intimate and somehow powerful. They seemed like a two-way interaction, I often sensed God’s presence and comfort like a sudden, warm, summer downpour – the type that makes you throw out … Continue reading
Have you ever sat and listened to the birds? I mean, really listened, not just, “woah, listen to those birds.” This afternoon I sat and listened. That’s not like me. Or, at least, it’s not like the me I used … Continue reading
Dear God, Don’t get me wrong, Lord. Not a day goes by when I do not thank you for sparing my life and giving me a new liver. I am so very grateful for your intervention in my life. I … Continue reading
Yesterday was my four month anniversary of my life-saving liver transplant. That’s old news, right? I mean, you might be thinking, “Okay already! Move on.” I get it. I really do. We get sick of hearing something repeatedly. I remember … Continue reading
I remember once, years back, when I was in the air above Chicago’s O’hare airport circling and waiting to land. Back then there was no wifi, no tv’s and laptops were few and far between. I was listening to the … Continue reading
When I first saw this picture I didn’t understand. I looked more closely and then I saw the bridge. “Uh oh. That’s not going to be pretty.” Then, I thought about me. I was cruising along, enjoying life, enjoying a … Continue reading
This is my oldest son, Josh. He recorded this song for me after I posted Jon Foreman’s “House of God Forever” this morning. (You can hear Jon Foreman’s version at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoXWIK1lfyo ) Of course, Josh’s version, lyrics at bottom of … Continue reading
After a pretty good night’s sleep with only 2 leg-cramping episodes, I awoke with a strange sensation in my belly … I WAS HUNGRY!!! Now that might not sound like a big deal to you but it was for me. … Continue reading