- When it's Realfeel 35° and I am on my bike bundled up in snow gear, I need to have some fun! Why not make a GPS dra… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Yup, my April goal is 300 miles on my bike for cancer research . Rained yesterday and 35° degrees today. I'm fallin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @gpackiam: Pastors, what if we stop trying to be incredible and just work on being credible? 1 month ago
- RT @sharon_says_so: Listening to understand doesn’t obligate you to agree. Your own beliefs aren’t diminished by learning a new perspecti… 1 month ago
Blogs I Follow
- Follow FBC to Guatemala
- Faith in action
- Scott Thoughts
- Project Light to Life
- Austin Americana Studio
- conversations on the fringe
- Normane3d's Blog
- RHF INDIA
- A Penny for Your Thoughts...
- Charlie's Road to a Kidney Transplant
- our kid needs a kidney
- Eucatastrophe 101
- Ramblings of a Dying Man
- Maribel's Kidney Story
- Drinking from the Same Dipper
- Why masks actually work
- FOC, I need you
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
- I remember when I didn’t have enough breath to speak …
- Too much to ask?
- Some things confuse me.
- I wonder stuff …
- Dear USA, please, could we have just a moment of silence?
- Cake is Good but Homemade Birthday Cake Ice Cream is Way Better!
- I’m doomed. I have a cold in this COVID chaos.
Post Archives – Past Ramblings
Top Recent Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: gospel
Have you ever sat and listened to the birds? I mean, really listened, not just, “woah, listen to those birds.” This afternoon I sat and listened. That’s not like me. Or, at least, it’s not like the me I used … Continue reading
Well, ain’t that ironic? Some ironies make me tilt my head. Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways? Why do they call them apartments when they are so close together? Shouldn’t they be closements? Iceland is green and … Continue reading
This liver transplant journey has been the most difficult period of my life but I see lots of good that has come out of it. For instance, I now am part of a pretty tight community. We all speak the … Continue reading
Jesus Jewelry. Jesus rings, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, key chains, toe rings, belly button rings and on and on. I’ve never been a fan of the American Jesus Marketing Machine. It just seems cheap to me. I mean, here’s the rescuer of … Continue reading
New life. Today I felt well enough to hold newborn Stephen Willette. Apart from a concentrated effort to keep my emotions in check, I breathed deep. There’s something about a newborn baby that gives hope and renewal. I felt his … Continue reading
A lot of people don’t get the God thing that I’ve been writing about. I understand. I see the morons on the news picketing at funerals too. I see red-faced screamers yelling into their bullhorns looking like they are going … Continue reading
This is my oldest son, Josh. He recorded this song for me after I posted Jon Foreman’s “House of God Forever” this morning. (You can hear Jon Foreman’s version at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoXWIK1lfyo ) Of course, Josh’s version, lyrics at bottom of … Continue reading
After a pretty good night’s sleep with only 2 leg-cramping episodes, I awoke with a strange sensation in my belly … I WAS HUNGRY!!! Now that might not sound like a big deal to you but it was for me. … Continue reading
10. Isolate and whisper. Even turn your back to others. 9. Nonstop inside jokes are always good. Share memories and laugh loud about stuff nearby people didn’t experience. If they ask, brush them off with, “You had to be there.” … Continue reading
I’d seen this video presentation before but this afternoon it hit me in a new way. Do you know how difficult it is to get church people to plan creatively? No matter what board or commission I’ve served on, no … Continue reading