- When it's Realfeel 35° and I am on my bike bundled up in snow gear, I need to have some fun! Why not make a GPS dra… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago
- Yup, my April goal is 300 miles on my bike for cancer research . Rained yesterday and 35° degrees today. I'm fallin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago
- RT @gpackiam: Pastors, what if we stop trying to be incredible and just work on being credible? 6 months ago
- RT @sharon_says_so: Listening to understand doesn’t obligate you to agree. Your own beliefs aren’t diminished by learning a new perspecti… 6 months ago
Blogs I Follow
- Follow FBC to Guatemala
- Faith in action
- Scott Thoughts
- Project Light to Life
- Austin Americana Studio
- conversations on the fringe
- Normane3d's Blog
- RHF INDIA
- A Penny for Your Thoughts...
- Charlie's Road to a Kidney Transplant
- our kid needs a kidney
- Eucatastrophe 101
- Ramblings of a Dying Man
- Maribel's Kidney Story
- Drinking from the Same Dipper
- COVID 99.7% survivable but half the story
- Misinformation in the transplant community?
- Do you trust your doctor? Your transplant center?
- Why masks actually work
- FOC, I need you
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
- I remember when I didn’t have enough breath to speak …
- Too much to ask?
- Some things confuse me.
- I wonder stuff …
Post Archives – Past Ramblings
Top Recent Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: Organ transplant
I’m not sure I can communicate how I’m feeling about a milestone I hit today but I’ll give it a shot. It feels kind of like I’m bragging or saying, “Look at me! I’m a big deal” but that’s not … Continue reading
Back in February I told you I was writing a book about my tranplant experience. The project is going well. I hit 145 pages today. Actually, I’m starting to worry that it will make War and Peace look like … Continue reading
There’s a 50 pound bag of cement sitting on my chest. No, wait. There are two. They are so heavy that I can barely breathe. Crushing. Suffocating. But, the strange thing is that even though I feel like I have … Continue reading
“What is this world coming to?” I heard one of my friends ask that question this morning. It’s not the first time I’ve heard it asked. In fact, I think I hear it asked every time something tragic happens at … Continue reading
I’ve tried to write this blog entry several times but have not been able to find the words to accurately express what I’m feeling. Let’s see if attempt number 5 is any different. To catch new readers up, a quick … Continue reading
For the full year before my liver transplant, going two weeks without being hospitalized was a rarity. After my fourth admission, I started collecting my hospital socks. I got a new pair approximately once every six days. I collected a … Continue reading