- When it's Realfeel 35° and I am on my bike bundled up in snow gear, I need to have some fun! Why not make a GPS dra… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Yup, my April goal is 300 miles on my bike for cancer research . Rained yesterday and 35° degrees today. I'm fallin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @gpackiam: Pastors, what if we stop trying to be incredible and just work on being credible? 1 month ago
- RT @sharon_says_so: Listening to understand doesn’t obligate you to agree. Your own beliefs aren’t diminished by learning a new perspecti… 1 month ago
Blogs I Follow
- Follow FBC to Guatemala
- Faith in action
- Scott Thoughts
- Project Light to Life
- Austin Americana Studio
- conversations on the fringe
- Normane3d's Blog
- RHF INDIA
- A Penny for Your Thoughts...
- Charlie's Road to a Kidney Transplant
- our kid needs a kidney
- Eucatastrophe 101
- Ramblings of a Dying Man
- Maribel's Kidney Story
- Drinking from the Same Dipper
- Why masks actually work
- FOC, I need you
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
- I remember when I didn’t have enough breath to speak …
- Too much to ask?
- Some things confuse me.
- I wonder stuff …
- Dear USA, please, could we have just a moment of silence?
- Cake is Good but Homemade Birthday Cake Ice Cream is Way Better!
- I’m doomed. I have a cold in this COVID chaos.
Post Archives – Past Ramblings
Top Recent Posts & Pages
Category Archives: vision
A lot of people don’t get the God thing that I’ve been writing about. I understand. I see the morons on the news picketing at funerals too. I see red-faced screamers yelling into their bullhorns looking like they are going … Continue reading
This is my oldest son, Josh. He recorded this song for me after I posted Jon Foreman’s “House of God Forever” this morning. (You can hear Jon Foreman’s version at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoXWIK1lfyo ) Of course, Josh’s version, lyrics at bottom of … Continue reading
Last night I crawled into bed at 10. My son Josh texted to ask how I was feeling. I told him I was exhausted and felt every muscle in my body. But, I’m totally thankful for such a great day. … Continue reading
Picture this. You pull up to an apple orchard, get out of your car and pull on a coat to block the crisp, fall air. Just up the hill you spot rows and rows of apple trees. Their thick green … Continue reading
Reposted from lazaroo blog “Solomon gave orders to build a temple for the Name of the LORD and a royal palace for himself.” (2 Chronicles 2:1) That’s pretty much the way it goes, isn’t it, Jesus? Even while we’re building … Continue reading
The story goes like this. Moses sends a delegation of spies into the land that God promised. They go and spend 40 days scouting things out. They study the people. They take soil samples. They carry back some crops. Their … Continue reading
My head is going to explode. Stand clear. Stuff is going on. I’ve been to a ton of conferences in my 25 years of ministry. Usually big-whig speakers come in and nail the audience with one of their best talks. … Continue reading
Ingrown or outwardly focused? For me or for you? For us or for them? Most churches have mission statements. That’s cool, I guess. But a lot of times I find them more confusing that anything else. “First Church of Wazoo … Continue reading
My iPhone alarm woke me this morning, as usual, with the Newsboys singing, “Put on your backpack Throw out your road map God’ll use anything Check it and see He’s givin’ us more than we ever could ask for That’s the … Continue reading
It’s my way or the highway! If you don’t play like I want I will just take my ball and go home! There are two ways to do things; the wrong way and my way. What needs to be done … Continue reading
I’d seen this video presentation before but this afternoon it hit me in a new way. Do you know how difficult it is to get church people to plan creatively? No matter what board or commission I’ve served on, no … Continue reading
I have trouble remembering where I put my keys or what I had for dinner last night. I have trouble remembering how to get from point A to point B when I haven’t travelled that route lately. I forget important … Continue reading
“Man up!” Jason’s response to my whining was direct. We were talking about diet and exercise and all the excuses I put up when he levelled me with what I needed. Jason has lost more than I weigh. He’s walked … Continue reading
Follow the Leader was one of my favorite games when I was a kid. It usually was not all that difficult … right turn, left turn, around the tree. Most of us had the same moves when it was our … Continue reading