- When it's Realfeel 35° and I am on my bike bundled up in snow gear, I need to have some fun! Why not make a GPS dra… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Yup, my April goal is 300 miles on my bike for cancer research . Rained yesterday and 35° degrees today. I'm fallin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @gpackiam: Pastors, what if we stop trying to be incredible and just work on being credible? 2 weeks ago
- RT @sharon_says_so: Listening to understand doesn’t obligate you to agree. Your own beliefs aren’t diminished by learning a new perspecti… 3 weeks ago
Blogs I Follow
- Follow FBC to Guatemala
- Faith in action
- Scott Thoughts
- Project Light to Life
- Austin Americana Studio
- conversations on the fringe
- Normane3d's Blog
- RHF INDIA
- A Penny for Your Thoughts...
- Charlie's Road to a Kidney Transplant
- our kid needs a kidney
- Eucatastrophe 101
- Ramblings of a Dying Man
- Maribel's Kidney Story
- Drinking from the Same Dipper
- Why masks actually work
- FOC, I need you
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
- I remember when I didn’t have enough breath to speak …
- Too much to ask?
- Some things confuse me.
- I wonder stuff …
- Dear USA, please, could we have just a moment of silence?
- Cake is Good but Homemade Birthday Cake Ice Cream is Way Better!
- I’m doomed. I have a cold in this COVID chaos.
Post Archives – Past Ramblings
Top Recent Posts & Pages
Category Archives: peace
“With” is a powerful word. It is an important word. The word “with” is a preposition because it exists to indicate associations, togetherness, and connections between things and people. Yawn. What is this, a grammar lesson? Hang tight, read on. Stay … Continue reading
It’s raining and it feels good. My eyes opened to see 4:32 on my bedside table this morning. My ears heard the comforting rhythm of rain dripping off our roof outside our open bedroom window. I rolled over, pulled the … Continue reading
When I was at my lowest, my prayers seemed intimate and somehow powerful. They seemed like a two-way interaction, I often sensed God’s presence and comfort like a sudden, warm, summer downpour – the type that makes you throw out … Continue reading
Snow falling lightly. Pajama’s all day. A long chat with mom. Coffee pot decreasing. Dancing orange flames in the stove. Warm. Comfortable. Content. Silly text messages with my wife. Moments with my God. New life for a transplant friend, Smiling … Continue reading
A lot of people don’t get the God thing that I’ve been writing about. I understand. I see the morons on the news picketing at funerals too. I see red-faced screamers yelling into their bullhorns looking like they are going … Continue reading
I have a new friend. Bill has been encouraging me with complete understanding of my emotions, my struggles, my good days and bad. I’m not sure how Bill found me since he’s in Virginia but i am truly thankful he … Continue reading
This morning’s devotional smacked me right between the eyes. When people have asked me what I want most, my answer has consistently been that, suffer or not, people would see Jesus in me. Max Lucado explains it so much better … Continue reading
A thought hit me this afternoon. I wondered, “Will I ever be well again?” We’ve all been in enough pain, hugging a toilet bowl, to wish we could just die. We don’t really mean it but it expresses how we … Continue reading
Here we go. Do you get nervous around medical stuff? I used to freak out. Now I just freak out about a couple doctors. It’s the doctors who look at my tests and give a thumbs up for stabilizing or … Continue reading
I’ve come to a conclusion. If you’re too busy to spend time with people you love, you’re a loser. I don’t mean “loser” as a devaluing label. I mean you are losing some very, very important things. Today’s memories are … Continue reading
The day before I was admitted to the hospital in Florida, I went on a roller coaster at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. That, in itself, was a victory. In January of 2009 I weighed 293 pounds during our family vacation in … Continue reading
This is my oldest son, Josh. He recorded this song for me after I posted Jon Foreman’s “House of God Forever” this morning. (You can hear Jon Foreman’s version at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoXWIK1lfyo ) Of course, Josh’s version, lyrics at bottom of … Continue reading
Last night I crawled into bed at 10. My son Josh texted to ask how I was feeling. I told him I was exhausted and felt every muscle in my body. But, I’m totally thankful for such a great day. … Continue reading
Goodbye May 11 … Hope to see you again next year. It looks like regular blood tests are my thing. I am such a baby. Something about the words “you’re gonna feel a little stick” makes me cringe. Who ever … Continue reading