- When it's Realfeel 35° and I am on my bike bundled up in snow gear, I need to have some fun! Why not make a GPS dra… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Yup, my April goal is 300 miles on my bike for cancer research . Rained yesterday and 35° degrees today. I'm fallin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @gpackiam: Pastors, what if we stop trying to be incredible and just work on being credible? 2 weeks ago
- RT @sharon_says_so: Listening to understand doesn’t obligate you to agree. Your own beliefs aren’t diminished by learning a new perspecti… 3 weeks ago
Blogs I Follow
- Follow FBC to Guatemala
- Faith in action
- Scott Thoughts
- Project Light to Life
- Austin Americana Studio
- conversations on the fringe
- Normane3d's Blog
- RHF INDIA
- A Penny for Your Thoughts...
- Charlie's Road to a Kidney Transplant
- our kid needs a kidney
- Eucatastrophe 101
- Ramblings of a Dying Man
- Maribel's Kidney Story
- Drinking from the Same Dipper
- Why masks actually work
- FOC, I need you
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
- I remember when I didn’t have enough breath to speak …
- Too much to ask?
- Some things confuse me.
- I wonder stuff …
- Dear USA, please, could we have just a moment of silence?
- Cake is Good but Homemade Birthday Cake Ice Cream is Way Better!
- I’m doomed. I have a cold in this COVID chaos.
Post Archives – Past Ramblings
Top Recent Posts & Pages
Category Archives: ministry
My transplant experience gave me a gift that, today, I would like to return. Usually, I’m thankful for it, but recently it has grown so heavy that I feel like it is breaking me. I’ve been watching My 600 Pound … Continue reading
“I have something for you,” Jen said. Her face wore her father’s half-smirk-half-smile that always made me wonder what he was up to. She stood facing me close enough that I could see the same spark that I used to … Continue reading
When do you feel most inadequate? I mean, what situations leave you stumbling for words or standing silently with absolutely no idea what to do? For me, it happens during one of life’s largest privileges. During the painful privilege of a … Continue reading
My friend AJ could sell an ice cube to an Eskimo. He’s a people person with an enthusiasm and positive attitude that will not quit. It’s like he has a magnet inside him that makes you want to be around him. … Continue reading
I share the following from one of my readers who is writing his own story in the face of suffering… God bless you Scott. I totally agree with you. I went through a very debilitating illness myself two years ago. … Continue reading
I’m just going to put this out there, as insensitive and politically incorrect as it is. It’s gonna shock those of my readers who paint me as a martyr, super-saint or spiritual giant. What can I say, that was a … Continue reading
http://www.crosswalkmail.com/cccjdqtljhjftmlnfgrzkfvktqfmprrmhctkddndtdqgccq_kdsrphpvfsvs.html By Max Lucado Fearless Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to … Continue reading
When I first saw this picture I didn’t understand. I looked more closely and then I saw the bridge. “Uh oh. That’s not going to be pretty.” Then, I thought about me. I was cruising along, enjoying life, enjoying a … Continue reading
I now have an envelope stuffed with my liver disease records from all the way back to 2005 when it was discovered. It’s a lot of paper. Most of it makes no sense to me. But other parts of it … Continue reading
This is my oldest son, Josh. He recorded this song for me after I posted Jon Foreman’s “House of God Forever” this morning. (You can hear Jon Foreman’s version at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoXWIK1lfyo ) Of course, Josh’s version, lyrics at bottom of … Continue reading
It’s 10 am. I’m still in bed. I hear the rain outside. Gray skies forecast for another week. Yesterday was awesome. Today? Not so much. Nausea, cramping muscles and wrapped up in an electric blanket. I didn’t sleep well so … Continue reading
After a pretty good night’s sleep with only 2 leg-cramping episodes, I awoke with a strange sensation in my belly … I WAS HUNGRY!!! Now that might not sound like a big deal to you but it was for me. … Continue reading
What a day. I have been getting loved on by people all over the planet. Emails, Facebook, blog comments. I have barely been able to keep up. People have asked how to pray, how to contribute and texted words of … Continue reading
Tonight I cried. I cried hard. I talked to God and asked Him all the things you might expect: why me, why now? I recited the 23rd Psalm hoping for comfort. Instead I kept choking on the “valley of the … Continue reading