- My girl is off to school. What will I do? scottlinscott.com/2020/08/31/my-… 3 months ago
- I’m moving away from Facebook and GIGO. scottlinscott.com/2020/08/29/im-… 3 months ago
- I feel like a shepherd in a hole scottlinscott.com/2020/08/22/i-f… 3 months ago
- Summarizing My Father’s Life scottlinscott.com/2020/04/01/sum… https://t.co/MQQibafb7E 8 months ago
Blogs I Follow
- Follow FBC to Guatemala
- Faith in action
- Scott Thoughts
- Project Light to Life
- Austin Americana Studio
- conversations on the fringe
- Normane3d's Blog
- RHF INDIA
- A Penny for Your Thoughts...
- Charlie's Road to a Kidney Transplant
- our kid needs a kidney
- Eucatastrophe 101
- Ramblings of a Dying Man
- Maribel's Kidney Story
- Drinking from the Same Dipper
- Too much to ask?
- Some things confuse me.
- I wonder stuff …
- Dear USA, please, could we have just a moment of silence?
- Cake is Good but Homemade Birthday Cake Ice Cream is Way Better!
- I’m doomed. I have a cold in this COVID chaos.
- NOON: Beyond the Biopsy: The Massachusetts Panel 9/16
- I’ve been dishing it out for years.
- It’s 46 degrees and there’s “a beaver on da roof.”
- My pumpkin spice is lacking something
Post Archives – Past Ramblings
Top Recent Posts & Pages
Category Archives: gospel
Another whacky Christian has done exactly what he set put to do. The “pastor” of a little church in Florida has grabbed national and worldwide headlines by threatening to burn the Muslim holy book unless his demands are met. So … Continue reading
I just ate a box of Cracker Jack popcorn and peanuts. It tastes just like it tasted when I was a kid. Even the box looks the same with the little sailor guy and his happy dog. But something has … Continue reading
“YBH” is scribbled in the margins of a lot of books I read. It goes beyond yellow highlighting. It is the difference between learner and leader. It takes me from hearer (or reader) to doer. My handwritten “YBH” conveys my … Continue reading
I’m going to a camp next week where the theme is “The Game of Life.” I’ve been getting ready by thinking of games. Today I thought of frustrating game breakdowns and how they might relate to church life. Not dealing … Continue reading
Youth leaders are not called to know the gospel but to make the gospel known. It may seem like semantics but there is a significant difference in approach, format and methods that come with a commitment to the latter. Making … Continue reading
I’m a cheater. Have you ever been cheated on? Betrayed? Stabbed in the back by someone you love? It hurts. Cheating kills intimacy. It drives a wedge and puts up a wall. Cheaters take love and stomp on it. Cheaters … Continue reading
I think I’ve messed some things up. I’ve let things get out of whack. And I think I have bought into a warped mindset and even done an amount of damage teaching other people the same mindset I’ve learned. The … Continue reading
10. Isolate and whisper. Even turn your back to others. 9. Nonstop inside jokes are always good. Share memories and laugh loud about stuff nearby people didn’t experience. If they ask, brush them off with, “You had to be there.” … Continue reading
I realized something at the Exponential Conference last week. I’m a pastor who is afraid of the Holy Spirit. Honestly, I don’t trust Him. Yeah, you’re right, that’s a problem but before you fire off an email to the deacons, … Continue reading
My head is going to explode. Stand clear. Stuff is going on. I’ve been to a ton of conferences in my 25 years of ministry. Usually big-whig speakers come in and nail the audience with one of their best talks. … Continue reading
Man, that church has a great dance team. The way those people wave those big flags is pretty impressive. But, you know what? I’m just not all that jazzed by stuff like this. If you gave me free tickets to … Continue reading
Ingrown or outwardly focused? For me or for you? For us or for them? Most churches have mission statements. That’s cool, I guess. But a lot of times I find them more confusing that anything else. “First Church of Wazoo … Continue reading
Your actions have shown me that you cannot be trusted. You’re selfish. You don’t do what I want you to do. You lie and you break promises. You talk out of both sides of your face and you treat me … Continue reading