- My girl is off to school. What will I do? scottlinscott.com/2020/08/31/my-… 3 weeks ago
- I’m moving away from Facebook and GIGO. scottlinscott.com/2020/08/29/im-… 4 weeks ago
- I feel like a shepherd in a hole scottlinscott.com/2020/08/22/i-f… 1 month ago
- Summarizing My Father’s Life scottlinscott.com/2020/04/01/sum… https://t.co/MQQibafb7E 5 months ago
Blogs I Follow
- Follow FBC to Guatemala
- Faith in action
- Scott Thoughts
- Project Light to Life
- Austin Americana Studio
- conversations on the fringe
- Normane3d's Blog
- RHF INDIA
- A Penny for Your Thoughts...
- Charlie's Road to a Kidney Transplant
- our kid needs a kidney
- Eucatastrophe 101
- Ramblings of a Dying Man
- Maribel's Kidney Story
- Drinking from the Same Dipper
- I wonder stuff …
- Dear USA, please, could we have just a moment of silence?
- Cake is Good but Homemade Birthday Cake Ice Cream is Way Better!
- I’m doomed. I have a cold in this COVID chaos.
- NOON: Beyond the Biopsy: The Massachusetts Panel 9/16
- I’ve been dishing it out for years.
- It’s 46 degrees and there’s “a beaver on da roof.”
- My pumpkin spice is lacking something
- When method drowns out message.
- “Hey, Scott, are you okay? You’ve disappeared.”
Post Archives – Past Ramblings
Top Recent Posts & Pages
Category Archives: Fatty Liver Disease
Ya know what? I just realized something. Despite the pains of healing from my transplant … I haven’t felt this good in a year – alert, sharp, some energy. For the past year I have just felt “sick” all the … Continue reading
On May 7, 2012 surgeons opened me up and put in a piece of my sons liver to replace my own diseased liver. Without a transplant my death was certain. Readers of this blog know the emotions that I went … Continue reading
My sister Gloria spent the night with me. She was my guardian angel. She tracked down nurses and medicines and made me comfortable. I started out today with a walk around the wing block . Robin and I are praying … Continue reading
Hi everyone. Don’t see a more in-depth post from my sister glory that may be coming later. I wanted to be sure to let all you people who read my blog have a little bit of an update. Wow, it’s … Continue reading
Picture this. Tonight you go to bed weighing 150. Tomorrow you wake up weighing 170. Your pants are tight. After dinner you change into comfy sweats. The next morning you step on the scale and it says 181. What???? It’s … Continue reading
What was so big? Was it that we closed on our house we were selling? Yeah, that was pretty cool but it’s not the BIG thing. Was it that 90 minutes later we closed on our new house and got … Continue reading
When Robin was pregnant with each of our three kids her tiny frame meant she had a giant belly. She was one of those women who was all belly. We were pretty excited and we joked a lot. I remember … Continue reading
We headed to Massachusetts last Wednesday night to avoid hitting the road at 4:30 AM. I was pretty nervous so I worked on keeping my mind occupied with reading and doing some paperwork. I slept maybe 3 hours. Some people … Continue reading
I remember once, years back, when I was in the air above Chicago’s O’hare airport circling and waiting to land. Back then there was no wifi, no tv’s and laptops were few and far between. I was listening to the … Continue reading
Neither Robin nor I were prepared for the news Dr. Amy Tien gave us at Lahey. She simply said she is recommending me for a live donor liver transplant. She noted all the things I’ve been through since May, ordered … Continue reading
A lot of people don’t get the God thing that I’ve been writing about. I understand. I see the morons on the news picketing at funerals too. I see red-faced screamers yelling into their bullhorns looking like they are going … Continue reading
I’ve had people asking what my status is. Am I “on the list” for a transplant or not? It’s all pretty confusing but I’ll try my best to bring you up to speed. Each time my MELD score climbs above … Continue reading
Yeah, I struggle. I get depressed. I want to give up, then I want to fight. I feel far from God. I feel closer than ever. I feel alone. I feel surrounded. Good days. Bad days. And in it all, … Continue reading
Hello nausea, my old friend, You’ve come to talk with me again, Because a feeling softly creeping, Left its rumble while I was sleeping, And the feeling that was planted in my guts Drives me nuts Within the growls of … Continue reading