- My girl is off to school. What will I do? scottlinscott.com/2020/08/31/my-… 2 months ago
- I’m moving away from Facebook and GIGO. scottlinscott.com/2020/08/29/im-… 2 months ago
- I feel like a shepherd in a hole scottlinscott.com/2020/08/22/i-f… 2 months ago
- Summarizing My Father’s Life scottlinscott.com/2020/04/01/sum… https://t.co/MQQibafb7E 7 months ago
Blogs I Follow
- Follow FBC to Guatemala
- Faith in action
- Scott Thoughts
- Project Light to Life
- Austin Americana Studio
- conversations on the fringe
- Normane3d's Blog
- RHF INDIA
- A Penny for Your Thoughts...
- Charlie's Road to a Kidney Transplant
- our kid needs a kidney
- Eucatastrophe 101
- Ramblings of a Dying Man
- Maribel's Kidney Story
- Drinking from the Same Dipper
- Some things confuse me.
- I wonder stuff …
- Dear USA, please, could we have just a moment of silence?
- Cake is Good but Homemade Birthday Cake Ice Cream is Way Better!
- I’m doomed. I have a cold in this COVID chaos.
- NOON: Beyond the Biopsy: The Massachusetts Panel 9/16
- I’ve been dishing it out for years.
- It’s 46 degrees and there’s “a beaver on da roof.”
- My pumpkin spice is lacking something
- When method drowns out message.
Post Archives – Past Ramblings
Top Recent Posts & Pages
Category Archives: church planting
“I have something for you,” Jen said. Her face wore her father’s half-smirk-half-smile that always made me wonder what he was up to. She stood facing me close enough that I could see the same spark that I used to … Continue reading
Today, the membership of a church right here in the middle of little Westbrook, Maine voted to call me as its new shepherd. The vote came directly after I delivered my 20th message there. That’s odd. The usual process for … Continue reading
It’s 10 am. I’m still in bed. I hear the rain outside. Gray skies forecast for another week. Yesterday was awesome. Today? Not so much. Nausea, cramping muscles and wrapped up in an electric blanket. I didn’t sleep well so … Continue reading
After a pretty good night’s sleep with only 2 leg-cramping episodes, I awoke with a strange sensation in my belly … I WAS HUNGRY!!! Now that might not sound like a big deal to you but it was for me. … Continue reading
What a day. I have been getting loved on by people all over the planet. Emails, Facebook, blog comments. I have barely been able to keep up. People have asked how to pray, how to contribute and texted words of … Continue reading
Picture this. You pull up to an apple orchard, get out of your car and pull on a coat to block the crisp, fall air. Just up the hill you spot rows and rows of apple trees. Their thick green … Continue reading
I met yet another pastor who proudly introduced himself as a “Blink Guy” this week. I think that makes four now. What’s a Blink guy? It’s a person who has read “Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking” by Malcolm … Continue reading
Something doesn’t add up. Have you met the “pastor” who says he is all about spreading the gospel but treats people like crap? I have. Heck, I’ve even been guilty of doing the same thing. When we’re more about advancing … Continue reading
My friend is 86. We’re somewhat of an odd pair. I’m not even sure when our friendship began. I know it was several years ago and I think I was listening to him in the hallway of a big building … Continue reading
Reposted from lazaroo blog “Solomon gave orders to build a temple for the Name of the LORD and a royal palace for himself.” (2 Chronicles 2:1) That’s pretty much the way it goes, isn’t it, Jesus? Even while we’re building … Continue reading
Wow … Prayed in 1577 and so true today. We Christians need a good shaking. Disturb us, Lord! Prayer of Francis Drake, 1577 Disturb us, Lord, when We are too pleased with ourselves, When our dreams have come true Because … Continue reading
The story goes like this. Moses sends a delegation of spies into the land that God promised. They go and spend 40 days scouting things out. They study the people. They take soil samples. They carry back some crops. Their … Continue reading