Que the disco music. “we’ve got the funk … Gotta have that funk.” My funk is a little different though. No magic bus has come by to pick me up to take me to funky town. My funk don’t dance.
Absolutely no motivation today. I dozed a lot. Laid on the couch a lot. Ate some food. I really didn’t move a whole lot. I was a bad boy.
It’s weird, as much as I know I need to continue to work on getting better, there are days when I just don’t seem to have it in me. My get up and go got up and went.
It’s 3 AM now and I’m still laying on the couch. why? I guess I just don’t want to spend the energy trying to get up and walking into the bedroom and changing positions. That’s pretty pathetic right?
Josh and I watched our favorite zombie show until probably around 2 AM and then I played some Tiger Woods xbox golf and now I’m blogging.
It looks like my final drain has stopped draining. No more gross yellowish greenish bile soaking little baby infant diapers taped to my stomach. That was such a pain having to change the dressing 2,3,4 times a day. It was pretty gross too.
Okay I need a trainer to kick my butt or something. I need some motivation for this day ahead. I can’t afford another holiday. Got to get out there and walk. Sit upright. And use my muscle groups.
First things first though, I have to pull myself together, get up and go to my bedroom to lay in our comfortable bed. Ugh, it seems like so much effort. Maybe I’ll just realign my pillows and stay right here.
The mean trainer lady on the Biggest Loser would kick my butt and make me cry. But she’s not here so I’m not going to worry about that.
1. The swelling in my feet and legs has finally gone down.
2. I’ve lost the majority of my water weight. I’m now at 181 pounds. A lot of people don’t recognize me anymore. I think that’s kind of funny.
3. We go back to Lahey Thursday for follow up, blood work and stuff. I bet they’ll pull this last tube out of me. The worst part of that is I remember when they pulled the last one out. It’s quick but, um, it’s not real enjoyable. Pray they give me something to deaden the ouchies
4. Josh is going on bike rides, swinging golf clubs and doing quite a bit of moving. He looks great and his recovery is probably almost 100%.
5. Prayer needs:
– stamina and motivation
– alone time for Robin to recharge
– that my liver grow and that all numbers stay perfect – no rejection, no complications
Well it’s 3:30 AM now thunder is rolling outside, lightning is lighting up our windows so I think I’m just going to opt for rearranging my pillows and spending the night on the couch.
“Owwww I’ve got the funk … gotta have that funk …”