May 18 update from Scott

Well here I am, stomach tube coming out of my nose, three little plastic bulbs draining all the different fluids and a beautiful wife near my side.

After my initial setback, I was about ready to throw in the towel. But Robin looked around and there are no towels in this room. Between her and Gloria coaxing me rubbing my hands praying with me playing music they got me back on track.

I know I am a wuss and everything but with that type of pain there is a point where you just get to the place where you say, ” don’t think I want to play this game anymore.”

Now pain is managed at a much better level.

Josh is amazing, he’s ready to rock. Of course he still sleeping a lot, while he grows a new liver but he is up and around in his scar is healing up nicely.

The rumor mill?

Myth number one: Scott is recovering at home now
Truth number one: Scott is still at Leahy clinic in Burlington Massachusetts recovering there.

Myth number two: Robin is taking up yoga and bellydancing on the side.
Truth number two: yoga makes her feel silly but bellydancing she does like.

Myth Number three: hospital food is disgusting.
Truth number three: I haven’t tasted food in so long I wouldn’t know.

Sure the whole struggle is long and hard ahead, I’m not out of the woods yet. So I have lots of good bug spray! (prayer)

I’m praying this week ahead be one of progress one where tubes come out, one where we could look at starting to head home.

20120518-174815.jpg

About Scott Linscott

Living life to the fullest, walking in the dust of my Rabbi, creating art through photography and written word, speaking words of hope and encouragement at conferences, workshops, church and civic gatherings.
This entry was posted in Liver disease. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to May 18 update from Scott

1. bonnietauwala says:

Scott, I’m praying that you feel completely drained.

Come on, you’ve got to at least GRIMACE over my lousy joke! Even my kids – who try their hardest not to react – at least shake their heads sadly at such pun.

But seriously, we check every day for updates, and we keep praying. For healing. For no rejection. For emotional endurance. For surety of God’s love even when things feel so bad. For the pain to go away. For Robin’s endurance.

Unlike your johnny, we want to make sure we keep covering your back.

2. Linda Westberry says:

I am still praying for you and Josh, Robin, and your family. I am glad that now you are on the road to recovery. Take care

3. Linda Mirone says:

I was listening to Chip Ingram last week, and he reminded me that God delights in doing the impossible. Let’s watch God do that for you and yours! My faith could use that kind of boost right now!!

4. Anonymous says:

Hang in there Scott, you’ve just got to day 10 and your whole life is ahead of you!!! Make the nurses keep your pain under control. This is not a race to get off of the pain medicine. You can do that later, right now you need to be able to heal without constant pain. Even when we are physically ready to give up God gives us another shot of strength to persevere through our challenges. You are doing great, there is no rush to break any record of least time in a hospital after transplant. Always have you in my prayers and look forward to your impact for God on this world.

5. I think you look pretty good, even if you look like Howie Mandell. Will continue to pray for all of you and for Robin to keep the towels away from you!

6. Debbie Wineteer says:

How great to see you up and moving!

7. Bill Pinson says:

Scott,
    I understand about wanting to throw the towel in. My wife told me when I was in ICU and in a lot of pain, she said I told her I wish I had never received a Transplant and would never do it again. It is something neither of us could explain to others or prepare them for the Impact of everything, but it is all short term. I Thank God you have such a wonderful family and support system in place. Tell Robin Chris is graduating next week,we could use a Bellydancer if she can dress up like Homey The Clown or play a kazoo.

8. Pat Clockedile says:

So happy to see that great big smile! I know you still have a long row to hoe, but the fact that you can smile like that is such an encouragement to all who are praying for you. Currently praying that the stomach, intestines, etc get back to work, that the fluid goes where it should, and that the smile can stay in place indefinitely. So nice to see your color returning to a more pink hue, as well. Praying for constant progress and no more set-backs! Again…so happy. God bless you and your family and give all of you peace.

9. Nancy Barnaby says:

I am thinking you are an inspiration to us all. Praying when ever you and your family comes to mind. Thank you for sharing your journey with us all. God has used you greatly to minister to us. Blessings and healing to you!

What are you thinking? Tell me!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s