- Hey transplant recipients. I remember year one I was supposed to call the transplant center at a temp of 100.5.... fb.me/RwFDounE 1 week ago
- No biopsy today! Phew! My ALT is now 3x what it is supposed to be but that may be because I'm fighting some type... fb.me/8CIBqgrkc 1 week ago
- 132/97 BP? Heck no ... I'm not nervous at all! (Usually 124/72) — feeling nervous at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center fb.me/2yizzX68v 2 weeks ago
- Happy New Year! Woohoo! It's 2018 and I'm still here. I'm a nervous wreck but am glad I'm alive to be a... fb.me/7c7Ga6Eue 2 weeks ago
Blogs I Follow
- Follow FBC to Guatemala
- Faith in action
- Thoughts from the Corner Office
- Project Light to Life
- Austin Americana Studio
- Christian CoffeeShop
- Memoirs of a Transplant
- conversations on the fringe
- Normane3d's Blog
- RHF INDIA
- A Penny for Your Thoughts...
- Charlie's Road to a Kidney Transplant
- our kid needs a kidney
- We have so much
- CLEAN WATER: I’m still setting goals, big goals.
- Finding Beauty in the Rain
- Approaching 5 years of surviving and thriving
- Transplant: oils, supplements, drinks
- Dang it! I keep forgetting I’m not normal.
- New Years resolutions are probably useless unless …
- Merry Christmas from the Linscotts
- Why you should go easy on the Santa thing
Post Archives – Past Ramblings
Top Recent Posts & Pages
What am I leading people to? Am I leading people into programs at the expense of relationship? I wonder.
Some programs are cool. I like the ones that invite me in as a participant. I’m not too crazy about the ones that invite me in to sit on my butt and watch. I get antsy.
I confess that if you tell me the Next Big Thing is coming to town and I can go listen to him for several hours, I’m probably going to try to think of something else to do. It’s weird. I’ll read the Next Big Thing’s book and I might even watch his sweet new high def DVD but I don’t really get jazzed to go somewhere to sit around. Unless I can go with you.
You can tell me you scored some free tickets to the Patriots game and I’ll be pumped about going with you. But give me one ticket so I can go alone? I’m going to skip the live experience and fall asleep on my couch while I watch it on TV. World series alone? Nah. With you? Definitely!
I like some alone time to recharge but too much alone time and I get lonely fast. I like the word “with.” I had some alone time in Phoenix a couple weeks ago. I wandered around a little and snapped some pictures but I would have rather been with my wife or with my kids or with my family.
Invite me to live life with you and I’m pumped. Invite me to hear the Next Big Thing tell me how to live? Not so much. I think there are programs that promote crowds of individuals coming alone, listening alone and then leaving alone. You listen. I talk. You leave.
I think Jesus is about “with.” As a leader I want to lead people, or walk with people, to discover life with Jesus.
If it were up to me, I’d vote for skipping the Next Big Thing Ministries program to hang out with you and the people you love. We can grill some sausage, snack on fresh watermelon and share life hanging out with Jesus. Let’s let the yellow-haired monkeys laugh and run under the hose while we break bread together.