- I saw friends this past weekend at grad parties who I have not seen since before my transplant. It was fun to... fb.me/6iMWhLoSb 1 day ago
- What is your plan tomorrow? I dare you to MOVE. Move every day. 4 days ago
- knowyourdose.org fb.me/PEa6i77S 1 week ago
- Do only fat people get fatty liver disease? liverfoundation.org/abouttheliver/… fb.me/1c9wCrO3f 1 week ago
Blogs I Follow
- Christian CoffeeShop
- Memoirs of a Transplant
- Conversations on the Fringe
- Normane3d's Blog
- recoveryhealth™ - A Perfect Balance Of Health /// Beauty.™
- The Wiley Asia Blog
- A Penny for Your Thoughts...
- Charlie's Road to a Kidney Transplant
- our kid needs a kidney
- Eucatastrophe 101
- Ramblings of a Dying Man
- Maribel's Kidney Story
- My Life & Transplant Story: Drinking from the Same Dipper
- Breasts, boobs, ta-tas, the girls, honkers, headlights …
- My therapy seems to be going well.
- How is your eyesight? Your hearing? What do you see? What do you hear?
- Um, I think you forgot an important birthday …
- I’ve got the green light … Now what?
- You know how fat people are…
- I can’t breathe …
- When side effects limit, pray.
- Is the world going “to hell in a hand-basket?” What can we do?
- Where do you find peace? Where do you soak it in?
Post Archives – Past Ramblings
Top Recent Posts & Pages
- Your kid's an All Star? Wow! Someday he'll be average like the rest of us.
- Who is Bilirubin and why is he messing with me?
- I can't breathe ...
- When your "innie" becomes an "outie"
- My belly is bigger than the Goodyear Blimp!
- Crazy Christians doing crazy stuff?
- Breasts, boobs, ta-tas, the girls, honkers, headlights ...
Tag Archives: prayer
Have you ever sat and listened to the birds? I mean, really listened, not just, “woah, listen to those birds.” This afternoon I sat and listened. That’s not like me. Or, at least, it’s not like the me I used … Continue reading
Dear God, Don’t get me wrong, Lord. Not a day goes by when I do not thank you for sparing my life and giving me a new liver. I am so very grateful for your intervention in my life. I … Continue reading
Yesterday was my four month anniversary of my life-saving liver transplant. That’s old news, right? I mean, you might be thinking, “Okay already! Move on.” I get it. I really do. We get sick of hearing something repeatedly. I remember … Continue reading
I remember once, years back, when I was in the air above Chicago’s O’hare airport circling and waiting to land. Back then there was no wifi, no tv’s and laptops were few and far between. I was listening to the … Continue reading
When I first saw this picture I didn’t understand. I looked more closely and then I saw the bridge. “Uh oh. That’s not going to be pretty.” Then, I thought about me. I was cruising along, enjoying life, enjoying a … Continue reading
This is my oldest son, Josh. He recorded this song for me after I posted Jon Foreman’s “House of God Forever” this morning. (You can hear Jon Foreman’s version at ) Of course, Josh’s version, lyrics at bottom of this … Continue reading
After a pretty good night’s sleep with only 2 leg-cramping episodes, I awoke with a strange sensation in my belly … I WAS HUNGRY!!! Now that might not sound like a big deal to you but it was for me. … Continue reading