- I saw friends this past weekend at grad parties who I have not seen since before my transplant. It was fun to... fb.me/6iMWhLoSb 12 hours ago
- What is your plan tomorrow? I dare you to MOVE. Move every day. 4 days ago
- knowyourdose.org fb.me/PEa6i77S 6 days ago
- Do only fat people get fatty liver disease? liverfoundation.org/abouttheliver/… fb.me/1c9wCrO3f 1 week ago
Blogs I Follow
- Christian CoffeeShop
- Memoirs of a Transplant
- Conversations on the Fringe
- Normane3d's Blog
- recoveryhealth™ - A Perfect Balance Of Health /// Beauty.™
- The Wiley Asia Blog
- A Penny for Your Thoughts...
- Charlie's Road to a Kidney Transplant
- our kid needs a kidney
- Eucatastrophe 101
- Ramblings of a Dying Man
- Maribel's Kidney Story
- My Life & Transplant Story: Drinking from the Same Dipper
- Breasts, boobs, ta-tas, the girls, honkers, headlights …
- My therapy seems to be going well.
- How is your eyesight? Your hearing? What do you see? What do you hear?
- Um, I think you forgot an important birthday …
- I’ve got the green light … Now what?
- You know how fat people are…
- I can’t breathe …
- When side effects limit, pray.
- Is the world going “to hell in a hand-basket?” What can we do?
- Where do you find peace? Where do you soak it in?
Post Archives – Past Ramblings
Top Recent Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: pastor
A week ago Josh and I walked through the doors at Lahey Hospital and headed to the transplant wing. When we walk around Lahey we do it like we built the place. We know where everything is because we’ve spent … Continue reading
When I first saw this picture I didn’t understand. I looked more closely and then I saw the bridge. “Uh oh. That’s not going to be pretty.” Then, I thought about me. I was cruising along, enjoying life, enjoying a … Continue reading
The day before I was admitted to the hospital in Florida, I went on a roller coaster at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. That, in itself, was a victory. In January of 2009 I weighed 293 pounds during our family vacation in … Continue reading
I’ve been in church 47 years. I’ve heard a lot of sermons about evangelism. But I don’t have a single example of even one of the churches I’ve been in actively and intentionally starting a new church or a new … Continue reading
Newsflash. Pastor discovers he’s just another screw up like everyone else. I’d like to see that in the news because, hey pastor, you aren’t a big deal. You’re not Jesus. Take all the Greek and Hebrew classes you want. Quote … Continue reading
10. Isolate and whisper. Even turn your back to others. 9. Nonstop inside jokes are always good. Share memories and laugh loud about stuff nearby people didn’t experience. If they ask, brush them off with, “You had to be there.” … Continue reading
It easier to just do things yourself but unfortunately the only thing that guarantees is that you will be working alone. I remember the simple message I saw on Sesame Street when I was growing up: “It’s nice to share.” … Continue reading
Some people are scared of “relevant” preaching. I understand that many see if as a catchphrase that means the bible has been replaced by issues in preaching. You can pick any number of churches that will tell good stories and … Continue reading