- I saw friends this past weekend at grad parties who I have not seen since before my transplant. It was fun to... fb.me/6iMWhLoSb 4 hours ago
- What is your plan tomorrow? I dare you to MOVE. Move every day. 3 days ago
- knowyourdose.org fb.me/PEa6i77S 6 days ago
- Do only fat people get fatty liver disease? liverfoundation.org/abouttheliver/… fb.me/1c9wCrO3f 1 week ago
Blogs I Follow
- Christian CoffeeShop
- Memoirs of a Transplant
- Conversations on the Fringe
- Normane3d's Blog
- recoveryhealth™ - A Perfect Balance Of Health /// Beauty.™
- The Wiley Asia Blog
- A Penny for Your Thoughts...
- Charlie's Road to a Kidney Transplant
- our kid needs a kidney
- Eucatastrophe 101
- Ramblings of a Dying Man
- Maribel's Kidney Story
- My Life & Transplant Story: Drinking from the Same Dipper
- Breasts, boobs, ta-tas, the girls, honkers, headlights …
- My therapy seems to be going well.
- How is your eyesight? Your hearing? What do you see? What do you hear?
- Um, I think you forgot an important birthday …
- I’ve got the green light … Now what?
- You know how fat people are…
- I can’t breathe …
- When side effects limit, pray.
- Is the world going “to hell in a hand-basket?” What can we do?
- Where do you find peace? Where do you soak it in?
Post Archives – Past Ramblings
Top Recent Posts & Pages
- Your kid's an All Star? Wow! Someday he'll be average like the rest of us.
- Who is Bilirubin and why is he messing with me?
- Insomnia, Liver disease, Duck Dynasty and Infomercials..
- I can't breathe ...
- Breasts, boobs, ta-tas, the girls, honkers, headlights ...
- When your "innie" becomes an "outie"
- Sodium bad ... sodium good ... here's what's happening with me. Hospital bound.
- How to visit someone in the hospital and at home
Category Archives: leadership
Picture this. You pull up to an apple orchard, get out of your car and pull on a coat to block the crisp, fall air. Just up the hill you spot rows and rows of apple trees. Their thick green … Continue reading
Something doesn’t add up. Have you met the “pastor” who says he is all about spreading the gospel but treats people like crap? I have. Heck, I’ve even been guilty of doing the same thing. When we’re more about advancing … Continue reading
Reposted from lazaroo blog “Solomon gave orders to build a temple for the Name of the LORD and a royal palace for himself.” (2 Chronicles 2:1) That’s pretty much the way it goes, isn’t it, Jesus? Even while we’re building … Continue reading
Wow … Prayed in 1577 and so true today. We Christians need a good shaking. Disturb us, Lord! Prayer of Francis Drake, 1577 Disturb us, Lord, when We are too pleased with ourselves, When our dreams have come true Because … Continue reading
I’ve been in church 47 years. I’ve heard a lot of sermons about evangelism. But I don’t have a single example of even one of the churches I’ve been in actively and intentionally starting a new church or a new … Continue reading
The story goes like this. Moses sends a delegation of spies into the land that God promised. They go and spend 40 days scouting things out. They study the people. They take soil samples. They carry back some crops. Their … Continue reading
In September about 17,000 people read my blog. Maybe there is something to this blogging thing after all? Mostly I just write it as a way to get stuff outta my mind or off my chest like a journal. It … Continue reading
I just ate a box of Cracker Jack popcorn and peanuts. It tastes just like it tasted when I was a kid. Even the box looks the same with the little sailor guy and his happy dog. But something has … Continue reading
“YBH” is scribbled in the margins of a lot of books I read. It goes beyond yellow highlighting. It is the difference between learner and leader. It takes me from hearer (or reader) to doer. My handwritten “YBH” conveys my … Continue reading
I’m going to a camp next week where the theme is “The Game of Life.” I’ve been getting ready by thinking of games. Today I thought of frustrating game breakdowns and how they might relate to church life. Not dealing … Continue reading
Pop! Have you ever watched a bubble pop? It floats upward wobbling and looking pretty unstable and then it bursts. It’s worse when someone reaches out and hits it. Today I talked to a friend about reaching out and introducing … Continue reading
Youth leaders are not called to know the gospel but to make the gospel known. It may seem like semantics but there is a significant difference in approach, format and methods that come with a commitment to the latter. Making … Continue reading
I think I’ve messed some things up. I’ve let things get out of whack. And I think I have bought into a warped mindset and even done an amount of damage teaching other people the same mindset I’ve learned. The … Continue reading
10. Isolate and whisper. Even turn your back to others. 9. Nonstop inside jokes are always good. Share memories and laugh loud about stuff nearby people didn’t experience. If they ask, brush them off with, “You had to be there.” … Continue reading