- I saw friends this past weekend at grad parties who I have not seen since before my transplant. It was fun to... fb.me/6iMWhLoSb 9 hours ago
- What is your plan tomorrow? I dare you to MOVE. Move every day. 4 days ago
- knowyourdose.org fb.me/PEa6i77S 6 days ago
- Do only fat people get fatty liver disease? liverfoundation.org/abouttheliver/… fb.me/1c9wCrO3f 1 week ago
Blogs I Follow
- Christian CoffeeShop
- Memoirs of a Transplant
- Conversations on the Fringe
- Normane3d's Blog
- recoveryhealth™ - A Perfect Balance Of Health /// Beauty.™
- The Wiley Asia Blog
- A Penny for Your Thoughts...
- Charlie's Road to a Kidney Transplant
- our kid needs a kidney
- Eucatastrophe 101
- Ramblings of a Dying Man
- Maribel's Kidney Story
- My Life & Transplant Story: Drinking from the Same Dipper
- Breasts, boobs, ta-tas, the girls, honkers, headlights …
- My therapy seems to be going well.
- How is your eyesight? Your hearing? What do you see? What do you hear?
- Um, I think you forgot an important birthday …
- I’ve got the green light … Now what?
- You know how fat people are…
- I can’t breathe …
- When side effects limit, pray.
- Is the world going “to hell in a hand-basket?” What can we do?
- Where do you find peace? Where do you soak it in?
Post Archives – Past Ramblings
Top Recent Posts & Pages
- Your kid's an All Star? Wow! Someday he'll be average like the rest of us.
- Who is Bilirubin and why is he messing with me?
- Insomnia, Liver disease, Duck Dynasty and Infomercials..
- I can't breathe ...
- Breasts, boobs, ta-tas, the girls, honkers, headlights ...
- How to visit someone in the hospital and at home
- Sodium bad ... sodium good ... here's what's happening with me. Hospital bound.
- When your "innie" becomes an "outie"
Category Archives: direction
“What is this world coming to?” I heard one of my friends ask that question this morning. It’s not the first time I’ve heard it asked. In fact, I think I hear it asked every time something tragic happens at … Continue reading
Snow falling lightly. Pajama’s all day. A long chat with mom. Coffee pot decreasing. Dancing orange flames in the stove. Warm. Comfortable. Content. Silly text messages with my wife. Moments with my God. New life for a transplant friend, Smiling … Continue reading
This liver transplant journey has been the most difficult period of my life but I see lots of good that has come out of it. For instance, I now am part of a pretty tight community. We all speak the … Continue reading
It’s time. You know it is. It has to be. Your doctor has told you. Your wife has hinted or your husband has avoided the hornets’ nest for the most part. You’re too fat, right? I remember the first time … Continue reading
Picture this. Tonight you go to bed weighing 150. Tomorrow you wake up weighing 170. Your pants are tight. After dinner you change into comfy sweats. The next morning you step on the scale and it says 181. What???? It’s … Continue reading
Neither Robin nor I were prepared for the news Dr. Amy Tien gave us at Lahey. She simply said she is recommending me for a live donor liver transplant. She noted all the things I’ve been through since May, ordered … Continue reading
A lot of people don’t get the God thing that I’ve been writing about. I understand. I see the morons on the news picketing at funerals too. I see red-faced screamers yelling into their bullhorns looking like they are going … Continue reading
I remember the annual essay that came each year in September. I remember stories of neighborhood baseball when we’d play until we lost the ball. I remember the time my dad surprised me with a box of brand new, bright … Continue reading
Imagination is a gift. I love it when children invite me into their world to pretend. From playing catch with an invisible ball with Elizabeth to being trains with Andrew, it’s such a cool thing to be part of their … Continue reading
This is my oldest son, Josh. He recorded this song for me after I posted Jon Foreman’s “House of God Forever” this morning. (You can hear Jon Foreman’s version at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoXWIK1lfyo ) Of course, Josh’s version, lyrics at bottom of … Continue reading
What a day. I have been getting loved on by people all over the planet. Emails, Facebook, blog comments. I have barely been able to keep up. People have asked how to pray, how to contribute and texted words of … Continue reading
Do you know what can change your focus in just a few seconds? I do. This past week in Orlando, Florida, I had a doctor stand by my bedside and tell me that “apart from something major” my life would … Continue reading
I met yet another pastor who proudly introduced himself as a “Blink Guy” this week. I think that makes four now. What’s a Blink guy? It’s a person who has read “Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking” by Malcolm … Continue reading